Saturday, May 11, 2013

Banana Bread Paleo Pancakes

I was searching for this recipe the other day, and couldn't believe I hadn't added it here yet!  If you have seen searching for yummy paleo pancakes, look no further.  I think I went through about 15 iterations of pancakes before I found these.  Even in paleo cookbooks that I loved, the pancake recipes were horrible.  Dry, crumbly, disintegrating on the griddle, hockey pucks, tasteless, you name it.   The only caveat is that these really do taste like banana bread.

2 large eggs
1/2 banana, mashed
1/2 cup coconut milk
1-1/2 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cups almond flour
1-1/2 tsp arrowroot powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 T ground flax seed
coconut oil

Preheat griddle* on medium heat.

Mix all dry ingredients together.  Stir in coconut milk, vanilla, and mashed banana.  Beat eggs and stir in until well-combined.

Use a paper towel to lightly coat griddle with coconut oil.  Ladle pancakes onto griddle. (I use a disher to simplify this).  Cook until lightly browned, then flip.  (You will know it's time to flip when the edges start to look done, and the middle is still wet but not sloshy).  Cook until done and remove.  Serve with real maple syrup.

*I use the All-Clad Nonstick Griddle.  Yes, it's nonstick.  It's the last nonstick piece of cookware in my house.  One day I'll buy a cast iron one like this, but for now it's what I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment